Easy Butter Cake Step-by-Step Recipe
Easy Butter Cake
Easy Butter Cake is surely the most buttery, moist and soft cake that is quite easy to prepare and the best recipe for beginners. The buttery flavor and the aroma is a great treat for the senses. As the name suggests the butter measure is more in this recipe, so if you are a weight watcher, be ready to face the temptations once it is baked. Or do it my way; don’t worry about calories, indulge happily, enjoy the goodness of butter and do a little extra walking the next two days.. Simple!
Well, coming back to the recipe, this is the best and easy butter cake recipe, and may be the most popular one. The butter flavor is all that makes this cake super delicious. I love the moist texture, the look and with no cream and frosting it still continues to lure us with its simplicity. Another wonderful thing is that, it is best eaten warm; so no need for security to keep away the kids from attacking the cake before it is cool enough. Sounds good, right? If at all there is any left over, I slightly warm it in the microwave oven, before serving. The buttery flavor is best when it is warm.You may also like my Dates and carrot cake, Golden Pineapple Jam roll, Black Currant Muffins, Vanilla Sponge Cake, Hot milk Sponge Cake, Orange cake or other yummy bakes. For now, enjoy this perfect warm snack with your nice hot cup of tea. Go ahead and dig in!
|Unsalted Butter (Cooking Butter)||: 230 gms|
|Sugar (powdered)||: 200 gms|
|Flour (Maida)||: 200 gms|
|Eggs||: 4 nos.|
|Salt||: a small pinch|
|Baking Powder||: 1 tsp|
|Vanilla Essence||: 1 tsp|
|Milk||: 5 tbsp|
- Grease a baking tin (8 inch square tin or 25 x 12.5 cm Rectangular tin) with butter and dust it with flour. Keep aside.
- Measure all the ingredients. Seive the flour (200 gms), Baking Powder and salt together three or four times to combine well.
- Beat the butter in a mixing bowl till light and smooth. Add the powdered sugar and beat till well combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well.
- Now mix in the essence.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190oC (375oF) at this point.
- Slowly fold in the the flour to the batter with a spatula.
- Lastly add milk little by little and continue to fold with spatula.
- Transfer this batter to the greased and dusted cake tray. Lightly tap the tray on the counter before placing them into the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or till done. The baking time will vary according to the size and shape of the pan.
- Bake till golden brown. Keep watch after 30 minutes and take out and insert a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, your cake is perfect.
- Allow it to cool for few minutes and invert to a cake board/ plate tapping at the bottom of the pan gently.
- Cut and serve the cake warm.
- Always make sure you have the correct measurements. (It is better to have weighing scales or cake measuring cups, to get exact measures).
- Use good quality butter as the flavor of butter is dominant in this recipe.
- Fresh eggs should be used for a better result.
- Tapping the pans will force any air bubbles to the surface, which can help avoid holes in your finished cake.
- Flour, baking powder and salt should be mixed well. Sieve 3 -4 times to release air bubbles.
- No frosting is required for this cake. Add some chocolate syrup and you get another slice of happiness!!
The Easy Butter Cake is a popular recipe and an all-time hit with kids and adults. Hope you liked this recipe. Continue to encourage me by commenting below or by sharing to your friends using the links on the side. God Bless!!