Chocolate Chip Cookies/ Choco Chip cookies recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are filled with chocolaty deliciousness in every bite. I am not much of a sweet tooth person. Well, I do enjoy a piece of cake or dessert now and then and there are a few desserts that I take second helpings, but I am more of a savory person. However, these chocolate cookies were so tempting that every time my kids opened the cookie jar, I was extending my hands as well. The whole batch got over in one day. The chewy chocolate chip cookies with crispy exterior is super delicious and addictive!
This recipe for Chocolate chip Cookies is an absolute no-fail recipe, with simple ingredients. You can make Chocolate Chip cookies with or without cocoa. I have explained how to prepare plain chocolate chip cookies and the one with cocoa added. Lockdown, confinement, online classes has made snacking a favourite pastime and keeps me busy! Whatever I bake gets over on the same day or if I am lucky it gets extended to another morning! Phew!
Whether you are a passionate baker or not, this is the time to experiment and enjoy the goodies with your kids. Also, this recipe for Chocolate chip cookies are perfect for the eager little hands wanting to help. There are not too many ingredients to complicate the process and you will have loads of fun making these delicious cookies.
Similarly, you will love Melting Moments Cookie topped with crunchy cornflakes and my Orange Tea cake, Honey cake, Easy Butter Cake, Rum Cake, Carrot cake, Hot Milk Sponge cake, Vanilla Cake, Mocha cake etc. When you are at it, also check my recipes for Burger buns, Stuffed Garlic Bread, Pizzas, Crescent rolls, Sausage dinner rolls as well.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. Make a batch and relish the cookies!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Unsalted Butter (Cooking Butter)
: 200 gms
Brown Sugar (powdered)
: 115 gms
Plain Sugar powdered
: 115 gms
Maida/ Plain Flour
: 250 gms
: ¼ tsp + a small pinch
: 2 nos.
: ¼ tsp
: ½ tsp
: ½ cup
: ¼ cup
: 1 tbsp
: 1 ½ tsp
Step by step method for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Grease two baking tins or cookie trays with butter and keep aside.
- Sieve Maida with Baking Soda and salt two to three times to combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, take the softened butter and cream well.
- Little by little add powdered brown sugar and cream well.
- Next, add powdered (slightly grainy is fine) plain sugar, little by little and cream till soft.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well till well combined.
- Pour ½ tsp Vanilla Essence to this and mix well.
- Cut the cooking chocolate into medium chunks and keep aside.
- Fold in the Flour mix to the creamed mixture and combine well to get a smooth and sticky dough.
- Add the chopped Chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Take half of this mix in another bowl and add the cocoa powder and milk.
- If you like large cookies with crispy exterior and soft, chewy interior, you can place them (small scoops) on the greased tins one inch apart.
- Place the chocolate chips on top and bake in a preheated oven (1600c) for 15 minutes or till crackled and slightly golden brown.
- But, if you like thick, crispy cookies that does not flatten out while baking, cover the dough with a clear wrap or keep it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Scoop one spoonful on the greased tray (one inch apart) and arrange the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven (1800c) for 15 minutes or till light golden brown for crispier cookies.
Take it out and allow to cool completely. Enjoy your Chocolate Chip cookies and don’t forget to share.
- Use good quality butter for great flavours.
- The dough should be sticky.
- If you like crispy exterior and soft and chewy cookies, do not refrigerate and bake them at a lower temperature as stated in the recipe.
- For crispier, perfect shaped cookies rest the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour and bake at a slightly higher temperature.
- Refrigerating tightens the dough and solidifies the fat and prevents the cookies from spreading too much.
- For dark coloured cookies add the cocoa powder and milk. For lighter cookies, avoid cocoa and milk.
- Take help from your kids to cut the chocolate and place the choco chips. Let them nibble on some chocolate and make great fun memories.
Hope you liked this recipe for Chocolate chip cookies. Kindly encourage me by commenting below or by sharing to your friends using the links on the side. It would motivate me to post more wonderful recipes for you. God Bless!!
I love cookies. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Happy to know you liked this recipe. Kids just love this!