Chicken Tikka Pizza / Homemade Chicken Pizza
Chicken Tikka Pizza is my recipe for the day; another fantastic recipe that you can trust. Baking perfect Homemade Pizzas is not a herculean task, it is quite simple and requires only simple ingredients. Kids would just love this Chicken Tikka Pizza and you can amaze your guests with your baking skills. Ask your kids to help you with grating cheese or arranging the toppings; you will get some enthusiastic assistants!
Everyone loves Chicken Tikka Pizza; the perfect blend of mild Indian Masalas and Italian herbs topped with cheese makes this Pizza exceptional. You can add fresh Coriander leaves to give it a distinctive Desi twist. You will love my Paneer Pizza, Whole Wheat chicken Pizza and Vegetable Pizza as well. Turkish Pide or Turkish Pizza is also very tempting. Covered with extra cheese, the combination is so tempting. Soft, fluffy and airy Pizza Crust is another appealing factor. Check my youtube link for Paneer Pizza, for making that perfect base: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrzAwTmSYDE I think, I have given you enough reasons to break your low carb diet! Well, I am sure you are not going to regret that, well, if you are still hesitant, call your friends for a quick gettogether and share the calories! You can happily indulge and get compliments too!
If you like continental dishes, do check my Special Roast chicken recipe, Chicken Burgers and Fish Fingers with tartar dip. Also, check Sausage Dinner Rolls, Egg Puffs, Paneer Puffs, Stuffed Garlic Bread and Crescent rolls. You would love those baked savoury delights or in case you have a sweet tooth, check my Pineapple Swiss roll and variety cakes. Grilled Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Satay, Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Momos and Chicken Kathi roll are other exciting savoury options.
For Chicken Tikka Pizza, I have Pan roasted the chicken pieces like i do for my special Butter chicken. You can bake or grill them too. I have not pre-baked the Pizza Base in this recipe. Instead, I have baked with all the toppings together and it came out very fluffy and soft. Just follow the steps below for a fantastic Homemade Chicken Tikka Pizza.
Ingredients for Pizza Base:
|Plain Flour/ Maida||: 400 gms (approx. 3 cups)|
|Milk Powder||: 4 tbsp|
|Sugar||: 2 tbsp|
|Yeast||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Warm Milk||: as required|
|Butter / Olive oil||: 1 tbsp – 2 tbsp|
|Baking powder||: one pinch|
|Warm Water||: as required|
|Salt||: as required (½ tsp)|
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka:
|Chicken||: 250 gms|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||: 2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||: 1 tsp|
|Cumin /Jeerah Powder||: ¼ tsp|
|Garam Masala||: ½ tsp|
|Kasoori Methi||: a small pinch|
|Thick Curd||: 2 tbsp|
|Lime Juice||: 1 lime|
|Salt||: as required|
|Red Color (optional)||: a small pinch|
|Tomato sauce||: 3 tbsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||: ¾ tsp|
|Olive oil||: ½ tsp|
|Oregano / Italian spice mix||: ¾ tsp|
|Paprika / Pepper Powder||: little|
|Capsicum/ Bell Pepper||: 1 small|
|Onion (white Onion)||: 1 no.|
|Tomato||: 1 no.|
|Oregano / Italian spices||: as required|
|Mozarella cheese||: 1 ½ cups|
|Cheddar Cheese||: ½ cup|
Step by step Recipe for Chicken Pizza
- For making Chicken Tikka, marinate chicken with salt, Red chilli powder, Cumin powder, Garam Masala Powder, Curd, Kasoori Methi, Lime and Red color. Keep aside for 1 hour or more.
- Heat a pan and sprinkle some oil. Add chicken pieces and stir well.
- Cover and allow to slow roast on small flame till dry. Stir in between.
- Once all the chicken Tikka are roasted, cut into smaller pieces and keep aside.
- Mix the flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt very well.
- In a cup add yeast, sugar and little luke warm milk and mix well. Keep aside.
- Make a well in the center of flour and pour the yeast mix and gently combine.
- Add olive oil and more lukewarm milk/ water to make a smooth dough. Knead for some time, till you can feel that the dough is smooth and soft.
- Make a smooth ball. Rub little olive oil or butter in your hands and pat the top of the dough, cover nicely and keep for 1 -2 hours, till the dough is double the size.
- Meanwhile, cut the Capsicum (Bell Pepper), Onion, Tomatoes. Grate the cheese and keep aside.
- Once the Pizza dough becomes double in size, punch down and divide into three parts.
- Take one part and place on a parchment paper. With your palm gently press the dough starting from the centre to the sides to make a big round base of about ½ inch thickness (you can also dust and roll out with the help of Rolling Pin).
- Leave it covered to rise for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Make Pizza sauce by mixing Tomato sauce, olive oil, ginger garlic paste and oregano spice.
- Poke the Pizza base with a fork to release bubbles.
- Gently brush the sides with little butter and put Pizza sauce generously on top.
- Add little grated cheese and top with chicken pieces, chopped onion, capsicum and Tomatoes.
- Cover with cheese and sprinkle oregano and little salt.
- Keep covered for 10 more minutes and transfer to a baking tin (with the parchment paper).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180OC for 20 minutes or till the cheese melts and turn brown.
- Take out and cut into triangles with a Pizza cutter and enjoy the wonderful Chicken Tikka Pizza.
- Always use a good quality Mozzarella cheese.
- Keep the yeast for rising in lukewarm milk or the texture will be spoiled.
- You can use store brought Pizza sauce or make it at home instantly, like I have explained in the recipe.
- Instead of stretching with hand, you can roll out the Pizza base with the help of rolling pin.
- Only luke warm milk / water should be used for kneading. Make sure it is not too hot or cold.
- White Onion provides a better taste, if it is not available, you can use normal Onions.
- You can add little chilli flakes and or Cilantro/ Coriander leaves for topping, to give it more desi twist.
- You can add your choice of toppings to the Pizza. If you are a vegetarian, substitute Chicken with Paneer and enjoy Paneer Pizza.
I am sure you will love this fantastic recipe for Chicken Tikka Pizza. Try and share with your friends using the share buttons below. It would really encourage me to share more yummy recipes. Thanks, and God Bless!!