Chicken Burger/ Homemade Chicken Burger Patties
Chicken Burger Patties- juicy, flavourful, healthy chicken patties. These amazing, homemade Chicken Burger Patties are loaded with enticing herbs and flavours! Take your taste buds on a delicious ride today with this juicy Chicken Burger. Lockdown days are sure making active kids impatient and hungrier. I feel sorry to see them slumped in front of the TV or Computer after their online classes! Board games and carroms were good for the first few days but now, they really miss their friends and outdoor fun. To cheer them up, I try to satisfy their food cravings, esp. the snacks stuff.
Chicken Burgers are always in great demand at home. Although the lean meat patties are healthy, Cheese and Mayo that goes into the burger are always a concern as it raises the calorie scale. To squelch my conscience, I started making whole wheat burger buns at home to make it healthier, and my kids are having a gala time with fully homemade chicken burger, KFC style fried chicken and whole wheat Pizzas.
If you have kids at home, try lifting their mood by making great food and snacks at home. Try these homemade Chicken Momos, Chicken Quesadilla, Stuffed Garlic bread, Sausage dinner rolls, Pizzas, Chats, Meat rolls, Cutlets, Vegetable Au Gratin, Chicken Popcorn, Butter Murukku, Vegetable spring rolls, Cinnamon rolls, Turkish Pide, Kathi rolls, Doughnuts, Tea Cakes and Cookies.
I always make extra Chicken Burger patties and stock in Fridge, and it is always handy when you have hungry kids around; quite filling too! All said, do simple exercises at home and try to stay active and fit. May God bless all efforts to contain the Pandemic and may we all remain healthy and peaceful.
Just follow these simple steps to make this amazing, delicious Chicken Burger at home. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Chicken Burger Patties:
|Bone less Chicken / Mince||: 500 gms|
|Onion||: 2 nos. (medium sized)|
|Carrot||: 1 small|
|Green Bell pepper/ Capsicum||: Half|
|Green Chilli||: 3 nos.|
|Ginger||: 1 “piece|
|Garlic||: 6 – 8 cloves|
|Mint Leaves||: half cup|
|Pepper||: 1 tsp|
|Chili Flakes||: 2 tsp|
|Bread slices||: 3 – 4 slices|
|Vinegar||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Olive oil||: 2 tsp|
|Salt||: as required (¾ tsp)|
|Oil||: for pan frying|
Ingredients for Chicken Burger:
|Burger Buns||: 6 nos.|
|Chicken Burger Patties||: 6 nos.|
|Mayonnaise||: as required|
|Cheese slices||: 6 nos.|
|Tomatoes||: 2 nos.|
|Onions||: 1 big|
|Cucumber||: 1 medium|
|Green lettuce||: few leaves|
|Tomato Ketchup||: 4 tbsp or more|
|Mustard sauce||: optional|
Step by step recipe for Chicken Burger:
- Clean the Boneless chicken, mince and keep aside.
- Chop the onions, carrot, capsicum, ginger, garlic, green chili and mint leaves finely (I used my mini chopper).
- Pulse the bread in a food processor or grinder to make breadcrumbs.
- In a wide bowl, add the chicken mince, herb mix, breadcrumbs, salt, vinegar, pepper, chili flakes and olive oil.
- Combine well with your hands to get firm meat mix.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take out and divide into small ball sized portions and shape into round patties.
- Heat a non-stick pan and drizzle little oil.
- Place the Chicken Burger patties in the pan and cook on low heat.
- Cover the pan to lock in the moisture and allow the burger to get charred on one side.
- After few minutes, flip the patties to sear the other side.
- Cook covered to ensure that the burger patties are fully cooked.
- Once done drain on a tissue paper. Alternately, you can try grilling or baking at 2200 C.
- For storing in the refrigerator, keep the patties sandwiched in between slightly oiled parchment papers.
- Keep in a zipper bag and store in the freezer.
- It will stay good for two to three weeks.
- For making the Chicken Burger, take the burger buns and cut horizontally into two halves each.
- Spread the Mayonnaise, then on the lower part, put cucumber, tomato, onion slices, burger patties, cheese slice, top with tomato ketchup and Mustard sauce.
- Put lettuce leaves and cover with the top part of the Bun.
- Gently press and insert a toothpick into the burger to hold everything together.
Enjoy homemade delicious Chicken Burgers!
- Check how to make Burger Buns at home.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- If you have extra Patties, you can store them in the freezer up to a month.
- When you need them, take out of the freezer and thaw for 1 hour before frying. Cover and fry on low flame for better results.
- Spices and herbs add great flavour and texture to the patties.
- You can use olive oil or any other vegetable oil.
- Try this recipe to make Mayonnaise at home.
- Add ingredients of your choice to make your kind of Burger.
- Although chicken is lean meat and healthy, the other ingredients like Mayo and cheese add to the calories. So, please do not overindulge.
Hope you will try this recipe for Chicken Burger. Would love to hear how it worked for you. Please comment below or message me your thoughts and share the recipe with your friends using the share buttons on the side. God Bless!!
Sharing is Caring!
Share this recipe with your friends!