Crispy Fried Chicken/ KFC style Fried Chicken Recipe
Crispy Fried Chicken is a much-celebrated recipe of mine and so I thought it would be ideal for my 300th post. Grateful to God Almighty for all His blessings. It is so overwhelming, and I can’t express how happy I am about my site and my growing collection! I will take this opportunity to say “Thank you” from my heart to all my readers, viewers, those who take time to comment and those who try out my recipes and message me. Your encouragement and support is what keeps me going and I hope it keeps coming! For now, let’s celebrate the 300th post together with this Golden Crispy Fried chicken.
Everyone loves Fried Chicken with the super crispy coating, the unique seasoning and I am sure I am not the only mother trying to make it at home. I tried various spice mix combinations to perfect my KFC style Crispy Fried Chicken recipe and this one here is the best fried chicken at home with the irresistible crust and juiciest chicken. Besides, there is a video explaining the step by step process to make this at home. Hope you will like the video and support me. I have also added video recipes for a few other favourite recipes like Homemade Pizza, Punjabi Chicken curry, Spicy Prawns Masala, Paneer Butter Masala, Kerala chicken curry etc. Please watch and let me know your suggestions to improve and let me know which recipes you would like to see in action. Thanks!
Please follow the steps carefully for perfect, crispy chicken. For the best results, do not skip any ingredients. The Coleslaw recipe is also added and together it is a winning combination! Also, check my other crispy coated recipes like Chicken cutlets, Dynamite Shrimp, Masala Peanuts, Falafel, Popcorn chicken, Lollypop Chicken, calamari fritters, crispy fish fingers, meat rolls etc. If you are missing the KFC, Burgers, Pizzas etc during this Covid times, try out these recipes at home. It is really a great pleasure to make them at home!
It is absolutely fantastic to get almost perfect results, even without a pressure fryer like they have in Broasted Chicken shops. The seasoned flour coating came out delightfully crispy and the inside was perfectly cooked and juicy. What more can I say, you should try it to believe it! My kids were super excited and happy with the results. So, here is the recipe for Mouth Watering Crispy fried Chicken. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Marination (Crispy Fried Chicken):
|Chicken (medium big pieces)||: 1 ½ kg|
|Ginger Garlic paste||: 1 tbsp|
|Curd||: 1 ½ cup|
|Water||: ½ cup|
|Egg||: 2 nos.|
|Kashmiri chilli powder||: 2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Fennel Powder/ (Perumjeera/Saunf)||: 1 tsp|
|Pepper powder||: ½ tsp|
|Dried Thyme||: 1 tsp|
|Dried Rosemary||: ¼ tsp|
|Salt||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Lime Juice||: 2 tbsp|
Ingredients for Coating (Crispy Fried Chicken) :
|Plain Flour||: 1 ½ cups|
|Corn Flour||: 1 ½ cups|
|Rice Powder||: ¼ cup|
|Onion powder||: 2 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||: 2 tsp|
|Paprika/ Kashmiri chili powder||: 2 tsp (adjust)|
|Pepper powder||: ½ tsp|
|Baking Soda||: 2 tsp|
|Dried Thyme||: 1 tsp|
|Oregano||: ½ tsp|
|Rosemary||: ½ tsp|
|Salt||: 1 tsp|
|Ajinomoto/ Monosodium Glutamate||: ½ tsp|
|Oil||: enough to deep fry|
Ingredients for Coleslaw:
|Cabbage coarsely Chopped||: 1 cup|
|Carrot chopped||: 2 tbsp|
|Mayonnaise||: 3 tbsp|
|Curd||: 3 tbsp|
|Sugar||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Salt||: a small pinch|
Watch Video Recipe: (https://youtu.be/QhX13XR__Xs)
Step by step method for Fried Chicken:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces, drain and pat dry.
- With a fork, prick the chicken pieces all over.
- Mix the curd and water to make buttermilk.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Beat the eggs and add to the marinade.
- Next, add all spice powders and salt for marination and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken with this mix and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours. Overnight marination is recommended for better results.
- Keep the chicken at room temperature 2 hours before frying.
- Put all ingredients for coating in a bowl or container. Close with lid and shake well to combine.
- Drain and dip the chicken piece in the seasoned flour mix to coat all sides very nicely.
- Heat oil (160oC – 170oC) in a pan.
- Coat the chicken again if necessary and gently put into oil.
- Do not overcrowd the pan or the temperature will drop resulting in greasy chicken.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Drain to a plate lined with tissue.
- Serve the Crispy Fried chicken with coleslaw, Tomato ketchup and French fries.
Method for Coleslaw:
- Mix the Mayonnaise, curd, sugar and salt well.
- Add this to the chopped Cabbage and carrot and combine well.
Your coleslaw is ready. Enjoy the finger licking meal with family and friends.
- Overnight marination is advised for better results.
- Chicken with skin gives a better texture, however, you can use skinless chicken as well.
- You can use your choice of chicken pieces like drumsticks, chicken wings etc.
- Buttermilk and Lime juice helps to tenderize the chicken.
- Ajinomoto is just a flavour enhancer. I have used only a small measure for enhanced taste and appeal. However, avoid giving to toddlers.
- Garlic Powder, Onion powder and other herbs are available in supermarkets.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan for crispy results.
- You can use good quality Sunflower oil or Canola oil.
- Always keep the temperature on medium high. Reducing the temperature will result in greasy Chicken.
- Coleslaw, French fries and Tomato Ketchup are best for serving with KFC style fried Chicken
Prepare this juicy, Crispy Fried Chicken and enjoy with friends and family. I would like to hear from you, how it came out for you. Please share or put in your comments to motivate me to bring you more delicious and wonderful homemade recipes. God Bless!!