Dynamite Shrimp / Spicy Dynamite Shrimp recipe
Dynamite Shrimp is a popular Asian dish, made famous by PF Chang’s, which can be easily prepared at home with simple ingredients. Shrimps are coated with a Japanese style tempura batter and deep fried to golden perfection to make Dynamite Shrimp. It is then coated with a sweet and spicy “Bang bang sauce”, as it is popularly known, which makes it an extremely exotic, delightful appetizer. It was Elsa, my darling God daughter who persuaded me to try this recipe. She is a great fan of P. F. Chang’s Dynamite Shrimps, and I was apprehensive how mine will turn out. Well, it turned out beautiful and the whole family loved my version; the cleanly licked plates was my reward!
Preparing this Dynamite Shrimps was quite easy. Once the Shrimps were cleaned, the rest was cakewalk! It has well balanced flavours, and that Bang Bang sauce, Oh my! This is a perfect appetizer like crispy fried Coconut Prawns, for small get-togethers and festive occasions. Or better still, pamper yourself with this tempting Dynamite shrimp, anytime! Add this to your Christmas menu and start the lunch with a bang!
Do check my Christmas special continental breakfast recipes like variety Pizzas, stuffed garlic bread, sausage rolls, crescent rolls etc. If you are looking for traditional Kerala style breakfast, check my Appam recipes, Mutton stew, Veal stew, Mutton curry, Nadan Chicken curry, Beef Curry etc. And for Lunch, nothing is more appealing than Kuttanadan Tharavu curry and Duck Pepper roast. Also, check my other delicious appetizers / Starters like Crispy Honey Chilli Potato, Chicken Lollipops, Chilli Fish, Calamari fritters, Crispy fried Coconut Prawns, Chinese Veg. spring rolls, fish fingers etc. If you are a crispy chicken fan, try my KFC style fried Chicken recipe, another favourite.
This Dynamite Shrimps/ Prawns are quite easy to prepare, and you will definitely enjoy the perfectly balanced sweet and fiery flavours. Wishing you all a Joyful and Blessed Christmas. May Infant Jesus bless your homes and hearts with happiness and love abound!
Ingredients for Dynamite Shrimp:
|Shrimps or Prawns||: 500 grams|
|Black Pepper powder||: ¾ tsp.|
|Red chilli flakes||: ½ tsp|
|Ginger Galic paste||: ¾ tsp|
|Salt||: as required|
|Maida/ All-purpose flour||: ½ cup|
|Corn Flour||: ½ cup|
|Chilli Powder||: 1 tsp|
|Pepper Powder||: ½ tsp|
|Salt||: as required|
|Lettuce and Spring Onion greens||: for garnishing|
Ingredients for Dynamite Sauce:
|Garlic Mayonnaise||: ¼ cup|
|Greek Yoghurt / Fresh thick Yoghurt||: 2 tbsp|
|Sriracha Sauce||: 3 tbsp|
|Sweet Chilly Sauce||: 2 tbsp|
|Honey||: 1 tbsp (+ more if required)|
Step by step recipe for Dynamite Shrimp:
- Clean, deshell and devein the Shrimps.
- Marinate with pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, crushed chilli powder/ chilli flakes and salt for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the bang bang sauce by mixing all the ingredients required for the same.
- Mix Maida, Corn Flour, Chilli powder and salt. Divide the flour mix in two bowls.
- Dredge the marinated Shrimp in this flour mix. Shake off excess flour.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and dip the shrimp in egg and coat again with the flour mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry shrimps till golden brown. Keep aside.
Arrange the serving bowl with Lettuce and arrange the prawns. Pour the Bang Bang sauce and Spring Onion greens on top and enjoy.
- Honey has natural antioxidants and is great for your diet.
- Medium sized Shrimp or prawns can be used for this recipe.
- Adjust the measure of Red chilli Powder and chilli flakes to suit your taste.
- Dynamite shrimp Is all about spicy. Sriracha sauce provides an extra zing. However, if you don’t have it in stock, use hot chilli sauce.
- Garlic Mayonnaise is better for right flavours. If you are using a strong Mayo, do adjust the flavours till you get it right.
- Greek Yoghurt or thick Yoghurt (sourless) is used to balance the overpowering taste of Mayonnaise.
Please try this Dynamite shrimp recipe and let me know if you like it or share with your friends through the share buttons on the side. It will definitely inspire me to add more homemade recipes for you. Thank you and God Bless!!