Mango Biscuit Pudding/ Easy Biscuit Mango Pudding
Mango Biscuit Pudding is super easy to prepare and delightfully refreshing with the silky mango puree and creamy custard layered with crunchy biscuits. This year’s Mango season is coming to an end and I am sorry for not posting this earlier, even though we made it several times this time. Along with sweet Mango dishes like Mango Cheesecake, smoothies, juices, sweet Mango pachadi, we also enjoyed “Kacha Mango specials” like Angamaly Manga Curry, Chakkakuru Manga Curry, Fish with Mangoes, Mango chutney, pickle, Mango and dried prawns etc. The Mango varieties kept on coming and we surely had a gala time enjoying it. However, my extended waistline and my favorite jeans are not in alliance anymore! I am trying to reassure myself that Mango season is ending and I will be able to patch up their current discord.
Coming back to our special dessert, let me assure you that ‘No Bake’ Mango Biscuit Pudding is quite easy to prepare and requires very less ingredients. It is also eggless and doesn’t need any Gelatin or china grass for setting. Besides, like Mango cheesecake, you will love the stunning Mango- Biscuit combination that enthralls you with every spoonful. I wanted to use Alphonso mangoes but when I finally decided to shoot, it was not available. So, I settled for Benganappally and it was equally delightful. You can use any variety of sweet, fleshy mangoes for this pudding.
Also, check my other dessert recipes like Sponge Fruit Trifle Delight, Tender coconut Pudding, Gulab Jamun, tempting chocolate brownie with ice cream, pineapple pudding, Pineapple jam roll, Donuts, chocolate biscuit pudding, Apple biscuit crunch, Double ka meetha, Pazham Pradhaman, Pumpkin/ Mathanga payasam, Parippu payasam, Palada payasam etc. If you have a passion for baking, check my celebration cakes like Chocolate truffle, Black forest, Mocha cake, Honey cake, chocolate orange cake, Carrot Apple cake, Rum cake, Fruit cake, strawberry cake etc.
For now, try this quick, easy Mango Biscuit Pudding recipe that is quite irresistible. Dig in and enjoy!
Ingredients for Mango Biscuit Pudding:
Ripe Mango pieces
: 1 ½ cup
: 1 liter
Marie Biscuit/Arrow root Biscuits
: 250 – 300 gms
: ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
: 1 cup (250 ml)
: 5 tbsp
: ½ tsp
- Use fresh Mango for this recipe.
- Peel, dice the flesh and put the Mango pieces with required sugar in a blender to make smooth Mango pulp.
- If the mangoes are sweet enough, avoid adding sugar.
- Blend without water to get a smooth, thick puree. Keep aside.
- Before boiling the milk, take ¼ cup milk and mix with corn flour to make a thick mix.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Add half of the sugar (2 ½ tbsp) and mix well. Lower the flame.
- Take out half cup milk in a bowl and keep aside.
- Mix in the condensed milk to the pan.
- Stir well to combine and add rest of the sugar and mix well.
- Increase the heat and add the corn flour mix and combine well.
- Stir continuously and let the milk thicken.
- Pour ½ tsp vanilla essence and combine.
- Continue to stir till you get a thick consistency.
- Take off the flame and continue to stir for 1 minute to avoid lumps.
- Take a wide pudding dish.
- Dip the biscuits in the warm milk and arrange in the dish.
- Spread a layer of warm, milk mix over the biscuits.
- Arrange another layer of soaked biscuits and spread the mango pulp over it.
- Make another layer of soaked biscuits and lastly cover with the remaining milk mix.
- Garnish with few blobs of mango pulp and powdered biscuit on top.
- Let it rest for some time.
- Then, cover and transfer to refrigerator for cooling.
Cut into squares and serve with a cherry on top. Enjoy the terrific combo of mango, cream and biscuits. Yum!!
- Use fleshy, sweet mangoes. Add sugar only if the mangoes are not sweet.
- Use thin Arrowroot biscuits/ Marie biscuits or thin plain tea biscuits for this pudding.
- Mix corn flour with cold milk.
- After adding Corn flour, stir the milk mixture continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Adjust sugar measure to taste.
- Make sure that the milk mix has thick consistency for proper setting.
- Dip the biscuits in warm milk before layering.
- Garnish with powdered biscuit, chopped cashews or cherries to make it more enticing.
Please try this wonderful, refreshing Mango Biscuit Pudding recipe and continue to encourage me by commenting below or by sharing to your friends using the links on the side. God Bless!!