Mango Smoothie is a perfect smoothie for summers, a nutritious blend of ripe mangoes, yogurt and honey. It is a delightful and flavorful combo and the silky smoothie soothes and refreshes you perfectly. As I said, it is festival of mangoes here, with many varieties and flavors. Sweet and fleshy mangoes rule the menus in different forms; mango juice, sticks, desserts, ice cream, Mango Cheesecake, smoothies, shakes, Mango in fish curry, Chakkakuru Manga curry, Mango Pickles, Pulissery etc. can’t think of anything else this season.
This Mango smoothie is simple and delightful; with a slight touch of vanilla and the enthralling sweet combo of mango and honey, it makes a perfect drink for the summer. As it is nutritious and healthy with added benefits of yogurt and honey it is the best drink you can create for kids. You may add carrot or banana or both to enhance the health benefits. I chose not to over complicate and make it simple as my kids can be very finicky at times. 🙂 Get refreshed with yummy Mango Smoothie!!
Time : 10 mts
Serves : 2
|Mango||: 1 no./ (1 cup)|
|Favored yogurt (Vanilla)||: 75 gms|
|Honey||: 2 tbsp|
|Milk||: 1 cup|
|Sugar (optional)||: 1 tbsp|
|Ice cubes||: 4 – 6 nos.|
- Always use fresh and fleshy sweet mangoes. I used Benganapalli mangoes which were very sweet and fleshy.
- Sugar is optional. Only if the mangoes are not sweet you need to add sugar.
- You may also add water instead of milk.
- Always use Vanilla flavored yogurt. The other flavors might subdue mango flavor.
- You may also add one Banana or a Carrot to make the smoothie healthier.
Hope you liked this recipe. Comments from you would motivate me to bring you more wonderful homemade recipes. God Bless!!