Mango Cheesecake/ No Bake Mango Cheesecake
Mango Cheesecake make excellent refreshing desserts bursting with summer flavours! The creamy yellow bites are delightfully addictive and effortlessly easy to prepare. No baking: just some whisking, mixing, layering and chilling and you are ready to go! This Mango Cheesecake tastes divine and is a perfect dessert for any occasion.
Hope you all like this Mango Cheesecake with its crunchy biscuit base and creamy, silky cheese filling topped with refreshing mango jelly. To be honest, I never tried cheesecakes till recently. I would always settle for Mango Biscuit Pudding instead. But once my kids went crazy after Lisa’s Cheesecake (she is a wonderful friend of mine, who loves to share her goodies), I decided to give it a try. I used Agar Agar/ China Grass instead of Gelatin, (for my vegetarian friends) and the cream did not set well. Well, I tried again and although the taste was perfect, the cheese base would melt once it was out of the fridge. Obtaining the Cream cheese was another problem with the lock down in progress. So, I decided to make cream cheese at home, and it turned out Perfect! Preparing Cream cheese at home is easy and cheaper, you should definitely try it!
Invigorated, I continued my experiments on Mango Cheesecake with homemade Cream cheese and sweet mangoes in hand. This time, I got the techniques right and we got the perfect Mango cheese cake. Although it seems like a big recipe with many steps, it is actually quite easy to prepare. Also, please do check out my other dessert recipes like Sponge Cake Fruit trifle, Tender Coconut Pudding, Apple Biscuit Crunch, Falooda, Biscuit Pudding, Double Ka Meetha, Pineapple Pudding, variety Kheer recipes, Gulab Jamuns etc.
You may also like my Black Currant cupcakes, Pineapple swiss roll, Butter cake, Rum Cake, Hot milk Sponge cake, Easy Sponge cake and other fruit cakes, tea cakes and exotic cakes. For now, let us make this wonderful Mango Cheesecake with homemade Cream cheese. Let me warn you in advance, you should stock some extra packs of digestive biscuits, cream and Agar-agar, because you are definitely going to get addicted! Enjoy Mango Cheesecake with your family this Eid and spread the cheer around. God bless you all.
Ingredients for Mango Cheesecake:
|: 200 gms
|: ¼ cup
|: 225 gms
|: 200 ml
|: ½ cup
|: 1 ½ tsp
|Sweetened condensed milk
|: ¼ cup
|: few drops
|: 1 cup
|: 2 tbsp
|: ½ cup + ¾ cup
|Agar Agar/ China Grass
|: 7 -8 gms
Ingredients for Cream Cheese:
|Full Cream Milk
|: 1 litre
|: 1 no
|: a pinch
|: 2 tbsp – 3 tbsp
Method for making Cream cheese:
- Boil 1 litre of full cream milk in a pan.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon to the milk once boiled. After few seconds, it will start to coagulate and curdle.
- Gently stir once and let it curdle on low flame for one minute. Keep aside for 10 minutes till you can see the whey and curd separately.
- Line a bowl with cheese cloth and drain the mix to separate the whey and the milk solids.
- Gather the ends of the cloth and squeeze well. Keep the whey aside.
- Pour more cold water till the cheese is clear of all whey and squeeze to drain all water.
- Put the cheese in a bowl and break the cheese into crumbs with a fork. In a grinder combine the cheese, a pinch of salt, and 2 tbsp of sour curd.
- Your homemade cream cheese is ready; spoon it to a container and keep in the chiller.
Step by Step Method for making Mango Cheesecake:
- For cheesecakes, a spring foam pan is recommended, as it is easier to take out. If you don’t have one, line an 8” round pan with silver foil so you can lift it out easily.
- Grind the digestive biscuits into a fine powder in a grinder or food processor. Usually the biscuits are sweet enough, so you don’t have to add extra sugar for the base.
- Melt butter and pour ¼ cup to the powdered biscuits and combine well.
- Put the biscuit mix in the pan, spread evenly and press flat to form the base. Use a flat surfaced spoon or bowl to get best results.
- Cover and chill the biscuit base in the refrigerator.
- In a wide bowl pour the fresh cream (keep aside 3 tbs) and beat lightly.
- Mix the powdered sugar with little corn flour and add little by little to the cream, Beat lightly till you mix the whole sugar.
- Next, add the cream cheese and beat again.
- Add vanilla essence and Condensed milk and mix well. Do not overbeat.
- Mix 5 gms of china grass powder / sheet in ½ cup water and bring to a boil. Let it dissolve well; sieve and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining cream (3 tbsp) and when hot, mix with hot china grass solution.
- Stir well and when lukewarm, mix this with the cream cheese. Fold in gently to combine well.
- Layer this cream cheese on top of the Biscuit base. Level well with a spatula, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- For the Mango layer, grind mangoes in a grinder and make pulp. Add enough sugar (2 tbsp or more) and little water to make thick juice.
- Dissolve the rest of china grass (2 gms) in half a glass of water sieve and mix with half of the mango pulp. Combine with the rest of mango pulp.
- Now, layer this on top of the cheese layer and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Take it out of the pan, cut and serve chilled.
Enjoy the delectable, refreshing Mango cheesecake with your loved ones.
- Spring foam pan would be better for cheesecake. Or you can line a normal cake tin with silver foil.
- Do not overbeat the cream. Beat on medium speed while mixing sugar.
- I have used fresh cream instead of whipping cream.
- You can use Graham Crackers instead of Digestive Biscuits.
- When you make Mango juice, adjust the sugar measure as per the sweetness of the Mango.
- If you are using store bought Mango juice, you need to add more China grass as it will be thinner.
- You can use gelatin or Agar Agar. Always make sure you mix Agar Agar to a warm liquid first and then mix with the cold batter for proper setting.
- Follow the steps and rest the cream cheese layer for 4 hours or more before adding the Mango layer.
- Adding corn flour to the Powdered sugar helps to hold the cream cheese base.
- Condensed milk adds to the flavours.
- Homemade Cream cheese can be stored in chiller for up to two weeks.
Please try this delightfully refreshing Mango Cheesecake. Continue to encourage me by commenting below or by sharing to your friends using the links on the side. God Bless!!