Chocolate Truffle Cake/ Dark Chocolate Truffle recipe
Chocolate Truffle Cake is my Fifth Anniversary special recipe for you. The rich, moist Chocolate Truffle Cake with delightful chocolate layers is an all -time favourite chocolate delicacy for all chocolate lovers. What better way to celebrate this special day? These amazing 5 years has been quite an incredible cooking journey, sharing with you great recipes from my collection. This year, it even got better with video recipes and I thank God Almighty for all His blessings and my dear friends for all the support and encouragement extended to me.
With the pandemic scare ripping off all cheer from 2020, we also witnessed a massive resurgence of home cooks that surfaced with plenty of time at home entertaining kids and adults. I was also busy trying out many new recipes and shooting some of my old classic recipes which were welcomed heartily by my viewers. KFC style Chicken Fry, Chicken Burger patties and Burger buns were embraced enthusiastically by my kids and many moms wrote to me that it was the need of the hour. To be honest, all those encouraging messages and comments meant a lot to me and kept my passion ablaze.
Coming back to our special recipe for the day- Chocolate Truffle Cake recipe- it is an absolute pleasure overload with moist, layered chocolate sponge covered in silky truffle cream, topped with a rich chocolate Ganache. It is a sumptuous chocolate experience for chocolate lovers. There are many version like Dutch Truffle Cake, Belgium Chocolate Truffle Cake etc.Who can resist the extremely yummy and flavourful Chocolate Truffle Cake? Also, check my other exquisite chocolate cake recipes like Black forest cake, Mahogany cake, Chocolate strawberry cake, Chocolate Orange cake etc.
You might also like these exotic recipes from my rich cake collection – Carrot Apple cake, No bake Mango cheesecake, Dates and carrot cake, Honey cake, Rich Rum cake, Mocha cake, Dates and Banana cake, Christmas fruit cake etc. I have also added another video recipe for easy christmas cake with no presoaking.If you are looking for tea cakes check Orange cake, Hot milk cake, Butter cake, Marble cake and Vanilla sponge cake.
Hope you will enjoy the detailed video recipe for Chocolate Truffle Cake. Do try and share with your friends. Please subscribe to my channel and continue to encourage and support me. For now, enjoy the special Chocolate Truffle Cake that is a perfect treat for all special occasions. God Bless you all.
Ingredients for Rich Chocolate Sponge:
|Plain Flour/ Maida||: 1 ¼ cup (180 gms)|
|Cocoa Powder||: 1 ¼ cup (125 gms)|
|Powdered sugar||: 2 cups (400 gms)|
|Baking Powder||: 1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||: ½ tsp|
|Salt||: ¼ tsp|
|Eggs||: 3 nos|
|Vanilla Essence||: 1 tsp|
|Butter Milk||: 1 ¼ cup|
|Melted Butter||: ½ cup|
Ingredients for Ganache glaze and Truffle frosting:
|Fresh Cream||: 180 ml|
|Cooking Dark Chocolate||: 300 gms|
|Butter||: 1 ½ tsp|
|Whipping Cream||: 1 cup|
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup:
|Sugar||: ¼ cup|
|Water||: ¼ cup|
Method for Chocolate Truffle Cake:
- First, beat the eggs with an electric mixer till foamy.
- Add powdered sugar little by little and beat till fluffy.
- Add melted butter and Vanilla essence. Combine well.
- Sieve the flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt together three times to combine well.
- Fold in the flour alternately with Butter milk.
- Combine/ Fold gently with a spatula.
- Grease one baking tin (9-inch round tin) with butter and dust it with flour.
- Pre heat the oven to 170oC (338oF) at this point.
- Slowly pour the cake batter to the greased and dusted cake tray.
- Lightly tap the tray on the counter before placing them into the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, your cake is perfect.
- Allow it to cool for few minutes and invert to a cake board/ plate tapping at the bottom of the pan gently.
- If the cake is not levelled, place the cake with dome side up and cut the crown off with a sharp knife to level it.
- Cut horizontally to get two layers.
Preparing Ganache and Truffle frosting:
- For the Ganache glaze, cut the chocolate into small cubes.
- Heat the cream on stove top and when it starts boiling, mix in the butter.
- Stir well to boil and pour it to the chocolate bowl.
- Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir well to make a smooth spread.
- Make sure there are no lumps. Keep aside.
- Now take the whipping Cream and beat on high speed to get stiff peaks.
- Add 5 tablespoons of Ganache mix to this gradually and beat well.
- This is our truffle filling.
- Melt sugar in boiling water for sugar syrup. Allow to cool.
- Place one layer of cake on the cake board.
- Apply sugar syrup on top evenly.
- Using a spatula, spread the truffle frosting evenly on top of the first cake layer and place the second cake layer on top.
- Cover the top and sides with frosting and smoothen it with a palette knife for a crumb coat.
- Keep in refrigerator for half hour.
- Now spread the ganache glaze on top and smoothen the top and sides for a fine finish.
- Decorate with truffle frosting and truffles.
Serve chilled for better results. Enjoy the wonderful chocolate truffle cake with your loved ones.
- Always make sure you have the correct measurements. (It is better to have weighing scales or cake measuring cups, to get exact measures).
- Instead of White sugar, you can use Brown Sugar. It gives a deep colour to the cake.
- Fresh eggs should be used for a better result.
- Flour, baking powder, Baking Soda and salt should be mixed well. Sieve 3 -4 times.
- Tapping the pans will force any air bubbles to the surface, which can help avoid holes in your finished cake.
- You can use Double boiler method to make Ganache (mix chocolate and cream in a bowl and keep in boiling water till it melts)
- If you want pouring consistency for Ganache use equal parts of cream and chocolate- 250 ml cream and 250 gms chocolate. Pour over the crumb coat to get a glazing neat look.
- After applying the crumb coat, refrigerate for half hour for better results.
- Make sure whipping cream is cold while whipping, for stiff frosting.
Hope you like my exotic “Chocolate Truffle Cake”. Take your time to check out my recipe collection and video recipes. Please put your comments and constructive reviews to encourage me and share with your friends using the buttons on the side. God Bless!!