Honey Chilli Potato / Crispy Chilli Potato with Honey
Honey Chilli Potato is a popular appetizer with sweet and spicy flavours. Crispy Honey Chili Potato coated with sticky sweet and spicy sauce is insanely delicious! There is something deeply satisfying about fried potatoes; who can resist the golden, crispy French fries? This Honey Chilli Potato takes it a notch higher, delightfully wrapping the fried potatoes in a sweet and spicy sauce.
January is certainly not a food indulging month for many, as new resolutions and fitness craze soar in the air. But most resolutions are highly restrictive and involve strict diet which last only two to three weeks. With all the new year parties, celebrations happening every week, it is extremely hard, I know! Hence, this recipe for Honey Chilli Potato, comes with a warning – You may not be able to resist yourself for long! I confess, I need to undergo more practice sessions of self – control!
Honey is used as a flavor packed glaze in this recipe. Ayurveda stresses on the health benefits of honey and advices against cooking honey in high temperatures, as it might affect the digestive system. So, it is advisable to add Honey to prepared food after taking it off the flame. Check my Honey Chilli Chicken and Honey Cake for more detailed info. For the Potato lovers- check my Potato stew, aloo Gobi, Veal stew, Chole Aloo Masala, Aloo Paratha, Mutton stew, Egg curry with Potatoes, Vegetable stew, Potato and cheese croquettes Aloo shimlamirch Masala etc.
If you like Indo-chinese food, please look into my collection that includes Dynamite Prawns, Szechuan Chilli Chicken, Sweet corn chicken soup, Garlic Fried rice, Gobi Manchurian, Chilli Fish, Chilli Paneer, Momos, Soya Manchurian, Beef with Mushroom, Chicken Noodles, Veg. American Chopsuey, Spicy Fried rice, Pepper Mushroom, Chicken Manchow soup, Vegetable Spring rolls, Ginger chicken, Fish in sauce etc.
Learn how to make this classic, crispy, sweet and spicy Honey Potatoes, which is a perfect snack idea / starter for parties. A tasty and fun appetizer that would wow everyone! It is quite simple to make and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Here is the recipe for finger licking good Honey Chilli Potato. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Honey Chilli Potato:
: 3 nos.
: ½ cup
: 1 ½ tsp
: ½ tsp
: 1 ½ tsp
Ginger chopped finely
: 1 tsp
Spring Onion bulbs chopped
: 1 ½ tbsp
Dried Red chilies
: 2 nos
Red chilli flakes
: 1 ½ tsp
: 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce / Szechwan chilli sauce
: 1 tbsp
: 1 tsp
Spring Onion greens
: 2 tbsp.
: as required
: 2 ½ tbsp
Sesame seeds toasted
: 1½ tbsp for garnishing.
: for frying
Step by step method for making Honey Chilli Potato:
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small slices.
- Mix cornflour, chili powder and salt.
- Coat the potato pieces in flour mix and deep fry in oil till crispy golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and toast the sesame seeds slightly and keep aside.
- Pour little oil to the pan and sauté finely chopped garlic, ginger, chopped Spring Onion bulbs and Red chilli consecutively.
- Add Crushed Chilli and fry.
- Mix Tomato sauce, Szechwan chilli sauce and Vinegar. Pour this mix to the pan and stir well. Adjust the salt.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside. When the steam settle, add the honey and mix well.
- Immediately transfer fried Potato slices to the pan along with the spring onion greens and combine well to coat the pieces.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Serve Honey Chilli Potatoes as a starter/ Appetizer for parties or serve as snacks for kids.
- You can add little rice flour also to the mix for making it crispier.
- Please check the link for making homemade Szechwan chilli sauce. You can also use store bought red chilli sauce.
- Honey has natural antioxidants and is great for your diet. However, cooking in high heat is not recommended.
- Garlic, Honey and Ginger have great medicinal properties and makes the dish healthy.
- Always add honey after the flame is switched off. Heating honey is not advised.
- Adjust the measure of Red chilli and chilli flakes to suit your taste.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds to make it more appealing.
Please try this amazing Honey chili Potato recipe and let me know if you like it or share with your friends through the share buttons on the side. It will definitely inspire me to add more homemade recipes for you. Thanks and God Bless!!
Sharing is Caring!
Share this recipe with your friends!