Melting Moments Cookies/ Cornflakes Cookies
Melting Moments Cookies are quite easy to prepare and the best recipe for beginners. It is a never fail recipe with simple ingredients. The buttery flavor, soft velvety texture and the crunchy cornflakes all makes it extra delicious and special. They just melt in your mouth. Mmmmm..
These Melting moments cookies are quite popular and a huge hit among the kids. Also known as cornflakes cookies, the crushed cornflakes make it crunchy and tempting. These delightful melting moments cookies lure us with its simplicity and yet it is the perfect treat for a small Tea party. It is quite simple to prepare and you will love this like my Chcocolate chip cookies, Doughnuts, Orange Tea cake, Easy Butter Cake, Sponge cake, Vanilla Cake, Muffins etc.
Kids love all kind of baked goodies, be it cakes, Sausage buns, crescent rolls, garlic bread or Pizzas. Cookies are another addiction and although I hate packaged biscuits, I loved the banana cookies that we used to get in our neighborhood bakery in Ernakulam. It was our evergreen, talented, darling Lillykuttyaunty who gave us this wonderful recipe. I have made it umpteen number of times since my high school days and it always turned out great! My kids just love this and they never last long in our home. The whole pack disappears without even a trace of crumb. This perfect melting moments cookies are the best accompaniment to your nice hot cup of tea. Just indulge and enjoy!
|Unsalted Butter (Cooking Butter)||: 120 gms|
|Sugar (powdered)||: 140 gms ( 2/3 cup)|
|Flour (Maida)||: 220 gms|
|Baking Powder||: ½ tsp|
|Egg||: 1 no|
|Vanilla Essence||: ¼ tsp|
|Cornflakes||: 1 cup|
Watch Video Recipe (https://youtu.be/9I-FygMttDU)
Grease two baking tins or cookie trays with butter and keep aside. Sieve Maida/ Plain Flour (220 gms) with Baking Powder two or three times to combine well. In a mixing bowl, take the softened butter ( and cream well. Use a cake mixer or even a spatula. Add the powdered sugar and cream well. Next, add the egg and beat well till well combined. Pour ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence to this and mix well. Mix in the flour and knead with your hand to make a soft, smooth dough. Cover it with a clear wrap or keep it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for half an hour.
Crush the cornflakes coarsely and keep aside. Take out the dough and make small balls. Gently press it to flatten slightly and dip one side on the crushed cornflakes to cover it evenly. Place the cookies on the greased tray.
Bake in a preheated oven (1800c) for 20 minutes or till the sides turn slight brown. Take it out and allow to cool completely. Enjoy your Melting Moments Cookies or Cornflakes cookies with your hot cuppa.
- Always make sure you have the correct measurements. (It is better to have weighing scales or cake measuring cups, to get exact measures).
- Melting moments Cookies has this unique buttery flavor, so make sure you are using good quality butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar well and knead the flour with your hands.
- The dough should be soft and smooth.
- You may line the tray with Parchment paper/ Butter paper to avoid sticking if any.
- Only ¼ tsp of Vanilla Essence should be used. Too much Vanilla will overpower the buttery flavor.
- Do not overwork the dough. Just mix till the flour is well combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for half an hour. It tightens the dough and solidifies the fat and prevents the cookies from spreading too much and keeps it chewy.
- Cornflakes should be crushed coarsely to get that crunchy effect.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Warm cookies will be soft and not crunchy.
- Show your kids how to make this cookie, and they will soon be proud junior chefs. It is that easy!
Hope you liked this recipe. Kindly encourage me by commenting below or by sharing to your friends using the links on the side. It would motivate me to post more wonderful recipes for you. God Bless!!
Hai Meena, I was a silent reader of your blog. You have a wonderful blog with amazing recipes. I love your recipe presentation with step photos. This cookies looks so yummy.Can’t wait to try this out.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Very happy to know you liked my recipes. Try this cookies and let me know how it came out for you.
These are yummy! Good recipe. I was looking for a melting moments recipe to recreate my childhood. Think these were the first things I ever baked. And your recipe worked brilliantly
Happy to hear that Clairey. Like you, I used to make and enjoy these during my childhood, and still it continues to be my favourite cookies. Thanks for trying. 🙂
Nice recipe thanks.. turned out great
Thank you for trying. Happy to know you liked it. 🙂